Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Unfinished business re: Philodendron x 'Autumn'

So after I wrote that whole post about what a terrible time I was having with Philodendron x 'Autumn,' it goes and does this:


It's not up to the size of the previous growth, granted, but it's a bigger, redder leaf than I've seen in a year, so I'm not going to complain. Was it the implied threats in the earlier post? The public humiliation? Probably neither: I'm inclined to credit the smaller pot I moved it to. But it's nice to know that when reasonable treatment fails you, intimidation and shame are always there to fall back on. Something to keep in mind before you throw in the towel pull the plug flip over the pot.


3 comments:

Tracy said...

Glad to hear yours is doing something....mine on the other hand is still doing nothing....lol. Very nice cultivar I must add. Love the reds.

waterroots said...

It is a beautiful plant. Perhaps it needed a little 'gentle' reminder to shape up... :)

Anonymous said...

I have a P. 'Moonlight' that's been doing very little for the last year. Moved it to brighter light - surprise! It's growing! While they can endure dim light, they prefer brighter light, like almost every other low light plant (dracaenas and kentias leap to mind, even spaths, to a point).