Sunday, August 10, 2008

LOLConifer


I don't even know what kind of tree this is, unfortunately. I mean, I could: I know people. I just haven't bothered.

So the story here is that the husband and I were out driving around in March or so, and saw this tree on the side of the road. It's "wearing" a Christmas decoration of some kind of tinsel garland, but of course my brain initially read the image as a sparkly boa. I got the Christmas thing a split second later, but trees wearing Christmas ornaments is just a less interesting thought than trees in feather boas. And so voila: gay conifers.

I took a picture back then, but didn't like the way it turned out. Wouldn't have thought about it again until the next time I was really pressed for a blog entry, except that we wound up accidentally on the same stretch of road recently, so I tried again with the picture. This picture is an improvement, but I was still sufficiently insecure about whether or not people would be able to see where the joke came from that I've bored you with all this explanation anyway.


3 comments:

Benjamin Vogt said...

I don't see why we can't respect lifestyle choices of trees and other organisms just as we do for humans. I say "you go girl" to that conifer. Live your fabu life! And where DID you find such a gorgeous boa?

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

hahahaha

Anonymous said...

That is too funny, the conifer & Benjamin's comment. :)