Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pretty pictures: Viola cvv.

I saw the most amazing tulip in somebody's yard on Tuesday, and want very much to show it to you, but it's going to have to wait a little longer, because I've been sitting on these pictures of pansies (Viola cvv.) for almost a month now, and if I don't use them pretty soon then they're not going to be even remotely timely anymore.

I don't have anything in particular to say about any of them: they all, you know, look like pansies. Some are prettier than others. At least one has a bug of some kind (aphid? whitefly?) sitting on it. (See if you can figure out which one!)

The bulk of these photos were taken at Wallace's Garden Center in Bettendorf, IA, at the end of March; two of them date from two years ago at the ex-job.
















4 comments:

Liza said...

Ah, pretty pansies. I could look at pansy photos all day!

Nancy in Sun Lakes AZ said...

What a happy way to start my day seeing those wonderful pansies! Thanks Mr. S.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

They are all gorgeous. I really like pansies; they add beautiful flowers to the garden.

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

what a collection! they look so sweet...