Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday morning Sheba and/or Nina picture


It's usually difficult to get Sheba to sit for a picture; she walks away, or looks everywhere except where I want her to look, and it's often a frustrating process. Last Sunday, though, after a rousing game of fetch, I was taking pictures of the backyard Salvia elegans when she walked up and plopped herself down right next to it, in more or less the perfect spot, and then held still.

And, bonus -- it's a pretty damned good shot of the Salvia.


7 comments:

Liza said...

What a sweetie!

Emily said...

Great photo! I volunteer at my local animal shelter, and getting good photos of the dogs for Petfinder is very very difficult for 90% of them. The other 10% are total camera whores ;).

Water Roots said...

Very nice shot!

Aralia said...

Does that dog have some bigger dog's tongue in the picture, or does that monstrosity really belong to that little charmer? :D

CelticRose said...

I'm with Aralia -- that tongue looks too big to fit in her mouth, lol.

Great shot. :)

Karen715 said...

Sheba looks adorable as always. And as soon as I send off this comment, I'm off to reread your Salvia elegans posts. I just might have to grow me some, sometime. It's very pretty.

cconz said...

She's a lucky dog. If you want seeds of cannas feel free to cut them off anytime, they by the shed, by the house. also there will be bulbs if you want them.