Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday morning Sheba and/or Nina picture

Okay. Well. That was something. I'll be spending some time in the next few days trying to decide what plants to drop from the competition (if I'm just unable to cut it down to 128, I'll add another round of competition and give most of the contestants byes for that round, until we arrive at 128 -- it's maybe not fair to the plants that have one more match than the others, but if it's the best we can do then it's the best we can do), and then at some point next week, we'll start voting.

Meanwhile, we're back to something resembling the usual posting for the next few days.

Sheba in her crate. She doesn't spend time in there much during the day, but tends to retire around 9 or 10 PM if the husband's in his office (which is where the crate lives).

Unfortunately, nothing terribly interesting happened to Sheba this week. The closest we came to interesting was, on I think Tuesday, Sheba was resting quietly on the couch with the husband as he was watching TV, then she suddenly yelped like she'd been injured. Which she'd never done that before, so this was kind of alarming to the husband and me.

It seemed to be a foot thing, because she growled when we tried to look at her feet, but after we persisted in trying for ten or fifteen minutes, she let us look and touch without growling, and her feet didn't look at all unusual. So I'm thinking maybe a foot fell asleep. That happens to dogs too, right? Or at least there's no reason I can think of why it shouldn't happen to dogs.


2 comments:

Paul said...

Aww, she looks cute in her "den".

I'd expect animals have issues with a foot falling asleep even as people do. I know I've seen cats suddenly give a leg a vigorous shake not unlike we might do to get the circulation moving.

phantom_tiger said...

I wish I still had a dog. Sigh.

Possibly her leg was pinned under her and went to sleep. Lovely picture.