Friday, September 14, 2012

Pretty pictures: Masdevallia Peaches and Cream

This is the second time photos of these flowers have been posted; the first time was back in 2010. This time around, the name was more complete: "Masdevallia Peaches and Cream (ignea x constricta)," as opposed to just Masd. ignea x constricta, which I appreciate.


I stand by my previous comments. This is probably my least favorite Masdevallia, of all those I've posted photos of before. (The most favorite would be Masd. Sunset Jaguar 'Night Breed', posted earlier this year.) The shape is fine, but that color just does nothing for me at all.


The photography could probably have been better too; looking at these pictures now, I'm struck by how washed-out everything looks. Oh well.

Edited to add a Scalepocalypse 2012 update:

Cryptanthus NOID (11 Sep 2012, basement) -- neemed.

I don't think I'm winning.


2 comments:

Tom said...

Damn scale!

Liza said...

My sympathies about the bugs. I've got a quarantine going on in my continued battle with mealy bugs - it's not pleasant.

Btw, I thought Aaron's answer on the puzzler a few weeks ago was funny, too.