Thursday, August 10, 2017

Anthurium no. 0946 "Mysti Oldhaze"

Very very short on time. Mysti's red/red, and has good-sized spathes for a plant in a 4-inch pot, which is pleasant,


and the foliage is pretty good as well, without a lot of thrips damage or other problems, so that's good.



The first inflorescence also lasted a long time -- I couldn't tell you specifically how long because that's not something I make a point of keeping up with, but noticeably long -- so it has a lot going for it.


I don't know that there's a particularly compelling reason to keep it, since there are already plenty of red/reds and it's not doing anything especially new, but sincere there's no obvious reason to get rid of it either, I'm willing to postpone the decision until I need to make room among the 4-inch plants again.

The name is my own, I think. At least this particular spelling of it is. I wound up altering a lot of roller derby names to make the pronunciation more intuitive or choose a different pun from the original. (Roller derby names are often kind of violent.)


No comments: