Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pretty (?) pictures: Aerangis citrata

At the moment, I'm going through another spell of being unenthused with plants, mostly because it's been cool again here and I've spent a bunch of time and energy putting them out in the morning, watering like mad so I can be finished before it's too cold to have them outside, and then dragging them all back in again. And even then, I've still damaged a couple. (Whatever the books and websites say about the cold tolerance of Aloes, don't believe it.)

So posting might be kind of light for a while, at least until it warms up a little. Not that I'm complaining about having cooler temperatures, goodness knows.


As for today's orchid, these are pretty lousy pictures, but my camera finds black/white contrasts challenging sometimes. I found some much better photos on another blog, which the reader may find of interest.


3 comments:

orchideya said...

It is probably not my place to suggest but why don't you just wait until all possibilities of cold nights will go by. I usually wait until mid-June to take some of my orchids outside here in Canada. They were inside several long months surely they can wait few weeks more.
I like angraecums but didn't have much success with the one that I had sesquipedale...

mr_subjunctive said...

orchideya:

why don't you just wait until all possibilities of cold nights will go by

Because I don't know when that will be. Last freeze date for us is mid-May, but nobody bothers to identify a last 60F/16C date.

Mandane said...

Gosh...that sux so bad..I'm sorry..its such a pain..even down here in Georgia I had to do some of that..we'd have a great week and then a plummet. ..in fact two nights ago it was 47° that for us is unheard of this time of year.. we had some 30 something nights this month too..again this is georgia...I have a great covered patio...told them all to just snuggle up...just crazy...feeling your pain I am! Hang in ...warmer days are comin'....I hope...