Rules and Stuff
1) It's probably possible to vote more than once per poll, but please don't. If I believe that someone is voting repeatedly, I will throw out those results, repost the poll, and seriously question that person's priorities.
2) If you want to link to a poll on Twitter / Facebook / your blog / whatever and encourage your friends to come and pump up the support for your favorite plants, you are encouraged to do so.
3) You are also encouraged to leave comments on Rumble posts, if so moved.
4) All photos will enlarge if opened in a separate window/tab.
5) You can choose which plant is "best" according to whatever criteria you decide for yourself. My personal process is a bit convoluted.1
6) All polls will be open for three days.
Results for matches 1.53 to 1.56:
In match 1.53, Cycas revoluta pretty much destroyed the old-man cacti (Espostoa lanata, Oreocereus trollii, and Cephalocereus senilis), 88-23.
Match 1.54 saw Tradescantia zebrina wandering all over Portulcaria afras face, winning the match by 63 to 42.
Cycas revoluta and Tradescantia zebrina will tangle -- probably literally, knowing Tradescantia -- on 13 October, in match 2.27.
Kalanchoe blossfeldiana fell to Tillandsia cyanea in match 1.55, by a score of 37 to 69.
Finally, the furry-rhizomed ferns (Davallia, Phlebodium, etc.) were knocked out of the competition in match 1.56, losing to the self-heading Philodendrons ('Autumn' / 'Prince of Orange' / 'Moonlight') 36 to 68.
Tillandsia cyanea faces the self-heading Philodendrons in match 2.28, which begins 13 October.
And now, for your voting pleasure, today's matches:
Dracaena reflexa cvv. vs. Asparagus spp. (asparagus fern)
Aglaonema cvv. (Chinese evergreen) vs. Oxalis triangularis cvv. (shamrock)
Ficus maclellandii (long leaf fig, alii fig) vs. Strelitzia nicolai/reginae (white/orange bird of paradise)
Philodendron hederaceum cvv. (heart-leaf philodendron) vs. Dracaena fragrans cvv. (corn plant)
1 I'm deciding according to a hypothetical situation in which all of my houseplants are gone, as are all the other houseplants of the world, except for one producer/supplier/retailer. Said person is offering to restock me with one or the other of the plants in question but refuses to give me both. Which one would I choose?