Yet another Sheba question for the hive mind.
Over the last maybe 2 or 3 weeks, Sheba's been developing a bald spot on her right side, toward her back leg. We didn't think anything of it at first -- maybe she was just losing her winter coat especially fast in that area or something -- but as time's gone by and it's gotten worse, we're starting to wonder what's going on.
I've done some googling, and there isn't any clear-cut diagnosis.
- There's a tiny bit of dandruff, but that might be the same amount she has everywhere else, as far as I know -- I've never gone looking for it before.
- Her bedding has been washed recently, and she's had a bath recently, but this started before both of those things.
- Haven't seen any fleas (not that we necessarily would, but still).
- Her diet hasn't changed significantly.
- It doesn't seem especially itchy (she does bite at it, but she always did -- it doesn't seem to me like she's biting it any more than she used to).
- It's only on the one side; the other side looks perfectly normal.
- It's never happened before.
- There haven't been any injections at that spot.
- She hasn't been under any unusual stresses, to the best of my knowledge.