Sunday, December 21, 2008

LOLAraceae / Hiatus announcement

Text may be more legible if picture is opened in a new window. Also it's easier to see that the Anthurium in the back has its eyes closed.

I wish my readers a festive and enjoyable holiday of their choosing (including but not limited to: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Gurnenthar's Ascendance,1 Festivus, Boxing Day Eve, Cephalopodmas, Monkey) unless they prefer not to enjoy or observe holidays, in which case I wish them a mundane but not-unpleasant day of no particular significance whatsoever. I'm in the latter (non-observing) camp, and will most likely be working for an hour or two in the morning (the plants still need water, even if people are celebrating something).

This is going to be the last post for a few days, as I'm going on my winter hiatus. As with previous hiatuses, I'm not actually going anywhere, probably, but I do occasionally need to take a few days off of blogging.

New, regular posts will resume on December 26. In the meantime, enjoy your elves (not a typo).

-

1 If you get this joke without looking it up, give yourself 5000 points.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mr. S. And what a priceless card!!! Wishing you the pleasures of a peaceful break.

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you & yours! Have a nice break.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mundane But Not-Unpleasant Days of No Particular Significance Whatsoever, Mr. Subjunctive! Enjoy your break.

If I can ask one question before you go, what is that plant with the neon leaves on the far right?

mr_subjunctive said...

That's the Spathiphyllum 'Golden Glow.' Iffy on the cultivar name, but it's a Spathiphyllum for sure.

Aiyana said...

Have a wonderful holiday! You deserve a break. I really don't know how you keep up with your thorough and informative posts on a daily basis. I enjoy your wit!
Aiyana

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Happy holidays to you and yours. Enjoy your break; get some rest. Looking forward to another year of your wonderful blog!