Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pretty pictures: Phalaenopsis cvv., Part 1 of 3

As I write this, it is Monday morning, and I have had a fairly debilitating neck ache for twenty-four hours and counting. I didn't sleep well last night, I'm in pain (only a 3 on a 0-10 scale right now, down from about 8 when I first got up), and if I should manage to be magically healed, it's time for plants to get watered again, which will involve lots of time and heavy lifting even if I don't take them all outside like I usually do.

So it looks like my week is maybe going to suck.

But Mr. S., you're thinking, how does this affect meeeeeeeeeeee?

I don't think it really does! I'm just telling you because I suspect that most of this week's posts are going to involve pictures with little or no text, because those take can be produced without as much time sitting upright in front of the computer, leaving me more time to lie in bed or on the couch or whatever. Specifically, I think we're anticipating lots of Phalaenopsis pictures for at least the next few days.








8 comments:

lynn'sgarden said...

Yay, more phalaenopsis...my favorite is the last one! But, Mr. S. I'm thinking...poor you, your neck! Is it watering time already?!

mr_subjunctive said...

It is. Most of the plants will let me get by with watering every twelve or thirteen days, if I soak them well when I do water. Unfortunately, the last round of watering ended Aug. 13, so it's time again.

I don't know what I did to my neck: I just woke up on Sunday morning and couldn't move it without pain. It was a little better Monday, and it responds reasonably well to acetaminophen, and I don't think anything is actually seriously wrong with it to where I'll need a neck transplant or anything. Waking up on Tuesday, I'd rate the pain about a 5, so it looks like Tuesday will be a little better than Monday. Maybe by Thursday when the Phalaenopsis pictures are done, I'll be back to normal.

sheila said...

Get well soon. As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many pretty phal photos!

Nancy in Sun Lakes AZ said...

I suggest yoga and stress reduction for your neck. Maybe you just slept on it wrong but people who have headaches (I do too) also tend to get neck aches (I do too). Everyone at work would kid me because for about a week I can't move my head in the painful direction! Ugh!
I love the phalaenopsis though. I have one at home that I wish I could get to re-bloom! No luck--another headache!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers - I like the last one, too! I hope you feel better soon.

sheila said...

You know, yoga is a great idea. I went back a couple of months ago to help deal with my newly diagnosed arthritis, and I am discovering all sorts of other health benefits as well.

mr_subjunctive said...

I won't argue that it's not, though I've tried before, a little bit (the husband is occasionally into it), and I don't especially enjoy it. Which might mean I'm doing it wrong.

I'd thought yesterday that I was likely to be all better by today, but then I woke up with quite a bit more pain than I was expecting so maybe I'm not. I really wish I'd hurt myself doing something, rather than just waking up all injured one morning. If you know you hurt yourself doing something, then you can just not do that thing in the future, easy peasy. But how am I supposed to sleep more safely?

Anonymous said...

All those orchids are absolutely gorgeous! Good luck with the neck! No one around to give you a good massage? That always works for me!