Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pretty picture: Tillandsia NOID flowers

Just a quick pretty picture post so that anybody who hasn't finished Cleve Backster Part I has a little more time to do so.

I realize that this presupposes that everyone will want to read part I. I don't want to suggest that you should have to if you don't want to.

I mean, you should, but I don't want to suggest that: I'd rather state it outright.

Anyway. I originally typed "Cleve Backster Party," above, which is a concept I would like to explore further. What would a Cleve Backster Party be like? What would you wear? What food would be served? What music would be played? Etc.


Sixwing said...

I'm pretty sure half the party would get Mozart or something, and the other half would get heavy metal. XD

What? That experiment needs a control to be valid? Ha. We don't need no steenking controls.

sheila said...

Is this tillandsia one of yours? I like them. I just ordered a bunch of them this morning.

mr_subjunctive said...


No, it's from ex-work.

sheila said...

Do you know what is in the center of a tillandsia ball? Do you start with one, fasten it to the string somehow, and let it make pups until it becomes a ball? Or is there some sort of framework inside? I have a tillandsia ball like yours, only with fewer plants (maybe 5 when I got it in bloom).

mr_subjunctive said...

This one actually probably arrived as a clump: the shipments that came in when I still worked there normally included a few like this, that were just a bundle of connected offsets. (There would usually be three or four different species of plant like that; not just this one. I don't think I have any pictures of the other clumpy ones because WCW usually bought all or most of them immediately, and then the customers would take what was left over shortly thereafter.)

I don't know what they were using for the hooks, but I think it's just a piece of wire with a curve at the top and another at the bottom. It's not necessarily attached very sturdily.