Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pretty picture: Vanda Pakchong Blue

One of my favorite photos from last year was of this same variety of Vanda. Indeed, since both photos were taken at the Quad Cities Orchid Show on consecutive years, there's a good chance it was even the same individual plant.


I don't know that either of these photos are better than the one from 2010 -- part of the pleasure of the 2010 photo was the surprise at how well it had turned out -- but they're pleasant enough. It's hard to go too wrong when you're working with a subject like this.


3 comments:

CelticRose said...

Pretty! Love that color! :)

Dreamybee said...

I think that's what I have! I didn't know what it was called. It's been growing in my puakenikeni tree for a couple years now, and even though it's put on a lot of new growth, leaf-wise, it has never flowered. :(

sonia a. mascaro said...

Just gorgeous!