Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rumble Among the Jungle, Match 5.4

Results of match 4.8:

Considering how enamored y'all have been with Aeoniums in the previous rounds, I was expecting that they'd win again in 4.8, but no -- instead it was Calathea cvv. Just when I think I have you figured out, you go and do something like this. The final score was Aeonium 55, Calathea 70.

The last match from round 5 begins -- now.

Match 5.4
Haworthia spp. vs. Calathea spp./cvv.

Top row, L-R: Haworthia tessellata (?), H. NOID.
Middle row, L-R: Haworthia limifolia var. ubomboensis, H. cymbiformis (?), assortment.
Bottom row, L-R: Haworthia attenuata, H. limifolia var. limifolia.


Clockwise from top left: Calathea ornata, C. roseo-picta 'Medallion' (?), C. makoyana, C. insignis, C. zebrina.




1 comment:

paivi said...

I think both of these plants got this far only because they rarely had a worthy opponent.

This was a difficult round to vote in. I don't own either and don't want to own either.