Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pretty picture: Paphiopedilum roebelenii


Not thrilled with the photo. It's sometimes difficult to get flowers and leaves both in focus at once, and in this case I didn't manage to do it. On the other hand, it seems like a nice enough plant. Even the foliage is nice.

The tag read "Paphiopedilum roebbelinii," with an extra B, and even if the spelling were correct, P. roebelenii is now officially P. philippinense var. roebelenii. I'm willing to forgive "errors" when names have changed, but not misspellings, so that brings the running error count for the 2012 show to:

wrong tags: 4
incomplete tags: 1
missing tags: 2

out of 17 orchids to date. Shameful.


2 comments:

Bom said...

May I suggest a Lytro camera? My cousin suggested it to me also with my garden photos in mind. I was hoping to get one for myself on my recent trip to the US but it was not meant to be.

Ali said...

wow thats a beautiful orchid, love the leaves as well!