Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday morning Sheba and/or Nina picture

Nina's in there somewhere.


I tried to get a Nina picture this week, but she wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get the camera ready, so the above is all we get. She really is in there somewhere, though.

Meanwhile, I did hear back from Merrifield Garden Center, regarding this post, but it was short: they understand my concern but "don't know anything about this." They did give me the number of their IT person to call, which I might do on Monday, but if I do: is there really anything useful I can tell him? I mean, in theory Merrifield should be able to stop the site from using their name and logo through legal means, but I don't know how that would work, since the site's registered to someone in the Netherlands. Surely there must be a government agency that deals with this sort of thing, right? And that's not really something the IT department would be dealing with anyway. So . . . any suggestions?


3 comments:

Pat said...

I expect their IT department are the only ones who might comprehend the legal and technical possibilities for redress. I would be surprised if there was anything they could do except make it a feature of their own advertising campaign.

"We are sorry to see that our name has been used by £%^&*&*^%££%^*&*%ing spammmers and our reputation is being smeared by association with these irritating messages. We apologise to anyone who receives these emails, though they are nothing to do with us. If you want to see the real deal check out our amazing offers and unequalled award-winning range at whateveritis.tla.us May all your fields be as merry as ours!"

Pat said...

Do adsense have rules against spamming blogs?

Thomas said...

Funny, I googled 'gardencenterguide' and went there.

"Today it is Saturday, June 9, 2012. You are located in Kansas City, Kansas." Not even close, but at least the date's correct.

Can't see Nina, but I'm picturing her down there somewhere smothering giggles with her little anole hands over her mouth.