Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Anthurium no. 1733 "Jayyvon Monroe"

Jayyvon isn't doing anything bizarre that needs explanation like 1332 Alexis Gabrielle Sherrington or 1715 Tyler Linoleum; I'm giving him a post anyway because he's so pretty.


Seed parent is 0108 Deena Sequins, who herself was descended from the NOID purple, so that might explain the color. 'Krypton' could be in the mix somewhere as well: Jayyvon looks a lot like 'Krypton.'

The leaves are decent so far,


and the plant as a whole is a bit leggy (like 0108 Deena Sequins), but some suckering might happen if I up-potted, which would make it look better. So much to do, so little time.


That's kind of all I can say about this one. Sometimes you just have to let the pictures speak for themselves.


Not sure how many Anthurium seedlings are left to write about before we head back into the Schlumbergera posts. At least one.

You can understand why I might not be excited about getting back to the Schlumbergeras, given how long it took to get through them all last year. This year seems to have a more manageable number, though (thirty, so far). Maybe it won't be that bad.


3 comments:

Virginia said...

Hooray, you're back!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this deep pink verging on magenta colour! I know you are running out of space (a problem I am only too familiar with) - Have you considered a lean-to type glasshouse as a place to house some of your less vulnerable plants?

I've been catching up with a big chunk of your blog and reading about your struggle with replacing your camera. This happened to me as well when I wore out my first digital Kodak (after about 42,000 shots) and had to find a replacement. There always seems to be a "too hard" learning curve whenever a new piece of technology is involved. Sigh!

I know exactly what you mean about colours, my current camera gets over saturated and loses detail whenever the flowers have bright solid blues or purples viz, Lobelia and Sulcorebutia rauschii.

Oh Well, enough of my whining! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your lovely flowers, and I'll try to check in a bit more often,

Ciao,
Jacq.

A Casa Madeira said...

Muito bonita!