Friday, November 9, 2007

Site-related: footnotes

This is mostly directed at the anonymous person who left the comment about footnotes on Clivia miniata, but everybody else may as well know too: I think I kinda figured out how to do clickable footnotes.

If I've done things right, clicking on the footnote in the main text should bring you down to the footnotes section, and then clicking on the footnote in the footnotes text should bring you back up to the main text again, right where you left off.

This is likely to have the side effect of greatly reducing the number of footnotes per post, at least until I get a little smoother at doing them -- there's a lot of text that I have to add in order for it to work right. I'm planning for new posts to have clickable footnotes when posted; older posts will be updated when I can't think of anything better to do with my time, so don't hold your breath.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, that is much easier to use!!