Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Random plant event: Aloe aristata hybrid offsetting


I apologize for the relative crappiness of the photo; it wasn't an easy picture to get because the offset isn't visible from most angles, and lighting became an issue too. (There are actually two offsets forming, but all of the pictures of the other one looked even worse than this.) You get the general idea, though.

This is exciting to me mostly because this is my favorite of the various Aloe varieties/hybrids I have (maybe: I like several of them, of course. This'd be way up on the list, though, if I were to rank them.), and I'm looking forward to being able to propagate it, assuming that everything goes well with the development of the offsets. I'll get to making a proper plant profile for this one eventually, but for now, just know that this is what I look forward to being able to reproduce, someday:


(UPDATE: This is probably Aloe aristata x Gasteria batesiana, not the species Aloe aristata, as it was originally identified.)


No comments: