Monday, January 12, 2009

Work-related: The Adeniums taunt me


Suddenly, they all have leaves again. Refoliation all over the place. A couple of the larger ones are even flowering. I would be pleased about it if I didn't strongly suspect that they're just doing it to mess with me.

(To understand why this is a big deal, check the Adenium obesum profile.)

Tangentially related: see this page for some weird-ass . . . I guess you'd call it Adenium-sculpting? It's not quite bonsai. (Hat tip to anonymous, in the comments at the Adenium obesum profile.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to know that I am not the only one paranoid that my plants are "playing" with me.

Nancy in Sun Lakes AZ said...

Okay, now the adeniums are taunting me too. I have resisted buying one here because they are quite expensive and I was afraid they needed more humidity than I can supply in the desert. I thought THAT was why they drop leaves. However, from all I've read on your informative blog, I realize that is not the case!
Now I have to have one. Maybe I can find a reject at HD or Lowe's on the sale shelf that's dropped it's leaves and, not knowing any better, they've decided to drop the price.

Aiyana said...

Those photos of shaped Adenium trunks were mildly disturbing for some reason. It would take years to get those things into shapes like that, so it makes you wonder about the caretakers. Maybe it's just me.
Aiyana