Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pretty picture: Tagetes patula 'Durango Bee'

Beginning to get semi-permanent locations for the plants: all the shelves I have to set up have been set up, and the plants are slowly shuffling into positions. All the Anthuriums are in the living room, where they're hanging out with the African violets; the Dieffenbachias and Aglaonemas are in my office; the Clivias and Spathiphyllums have been banished to the basement. Unfortunately, that still leaves, you know, like four hundred more plants to deal with.

Confirmed casualties of the move so far: one coleus, one African violet, probably two, a Streptocarpus, which fucking deserved it (I am angry at the whole Streptocarpus genus right now), and a Dracaena fragrans 'Massangeana.' Though there will probably be more than that when this is all over. (On the other hand, there have also been several new acquisitions since the move, because apparently I really and truly cannot help myself.)

Anyway. So picture-taking has been minimal, and I can only really take pictures of the few plants I can still get to, so: marigolds. Whee.


My past experience has been that any major life change (relocation, new job, leaving a job) takes about three months to seem normal. So I figure I've still got another eight or nine weeks of this. Do. Not. Want.


3 comments:

Hermes said...

You'll get there and that less losses than I had getting through this winter.

sheila said...

If you can adjust in only 3 months, you are way more resilient than I am! Sorry about the plant casualties.

"Daffodil Planter" Charlotte Germane said...

As Henry Mitchell once wrote, in response to a reader who complained that Mitchell never mentioned plants the reader had heard of:

Marigold, marigold, marigold.