Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pretty picture: bumblebee on Gaillardia

We went to Iowa City yesterday. I'd hoped to find exciting new stuff to show y'all, but instead it was just the same old stuff, and so now here I am again, trying to write a blog post at the very last possible minute. (Seriously, folks: this never happens. Two trips outside the house in one week? Craziness. Total granny-slapping insanity.)


So that's why I didn't reply to anybody yesterday. On the plus side, I saw the above little vignette of bumblebee and Gaillardia 'Oranges and Lemons.' I'd heard of 'Oranges and Lemons' somewhere (someone else's blog, probably, or else Twitter) but hadn't seen it personally before yesterday. The ex-job didn't carry it when I worked there. It seems nice. And obviously the bumblebees approve.

I also reached the end of a watering cycle yesterday, so I now have maybe two days in which to really buckle down on the writing. Wish me inspiration, 'cause things will get crazy again around Sunday and Monday.


3 comments:

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

That is a stunning photo. Love it!!

Liza said...

Maybe it's good that I live here and you live there. Because I lived there, near you, I'd drag you out and about ALL THE TIME.

Instead of buckling down inside to write, take you camera around your town and show us what you find. You may think it's same ol', same ol', but it's been ages since I've been to Iowa, so it's not old to me.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Very nice photo. And like Liza, I would also love to see some shots around your town. I've been to Iowa once, many years ago, but was only there for one week; not enough time to really see much of it.