Friday, December 27, 2013

Random plant event: Dracaena fragrans 'Sol'

So the Dracaena fragrans 'Sol' that I've had since February 2008 has produced a sucker.


This is the first time I've seen a D. fragrans do this, and I actually had kind of forgot that it was even a possibility, so this was a nice surprise.

That said, I'm not really sure what to do about it; at one point, the prospect of having propagatable material for this plant would have been fantastic, exciting news, but now? Not so much. Of all the plants to have more of, Dracaenas are way too big to be very high on my list. So the plan is basically to leave it alone and see what happens. Which is a plan I've been falling back on quite a lot lately.


1 comment:

Paul VA said...

My two Dracaena braunii's both started to branch this year. They are my two oldest plants. Ive had them over ten years. After this many years i didnt think they would ever branch. Both came in water with glued rocks. One i put in dirt years ago and the other has stayed a "water" plant. They are fairly healthy but not very pretty.