Sunday, November 6, 2016

Anthurium no. 0407 "Maria D'Millionaire"

I appear to have missed the moment when Maria initially unfurled her spathe, though I couldn't have missed it by more than a week, so the odds are good that this was never a pretty inflorescence:


Still, it's unusual for a spathe to flip backward so hard and fast that it actually curls around itself:


Actually, now that I think about it, Maria's most notable for coming up with inventive new ways of being horrible. Her foliage would never be great,


but she went through a spell about a year ago where she would start building leaves and then forget to finish them:


In some cases, she couldn't even be bothered to finish building the petiole, never mind the leaf:


Had she not budded in May,


Maria would have been gone a long time ago, but I kept her around on the off chance that the bloom might have been interesting.

I suppose technically it was. My fault for not being more specific.


No comments: