Rules and Stuff
1) It's probably possible to vote more than once per poll, but please don't. If I believe that someone is voting repeatedly, I will throw out those results, repost the poll, and seriously question that person's priorities.
2) If you want to link to a poll on Twitter / Facebook / your blog / whatever and encourage your friends to come and pump up the support for your favorite plants, you are encouraged to do so.
3) You are also encouraged to leave comments on Rumble posts, if so moved.
4) All photos will enlarge if opened in a separate window/tab.
5) You can choose which plant is "best" according to whatever criteria you decide for yourself. My personal process is a bit convoluted.1
6) All polls will be open for three days.
Winners and losers for matches 1.57 to 1.60:
In match 1.57, Aeonium spp. defeated Aphelandra squarrosa, 71 to 28. I wasn't surprised by the winner, but I was surprised that it wasn't even close.
Tradescantia spathacea initially led match 1.58, but Euphorbia milii came from behind to win the battle, 67 to 33.
Aeonium spp. will face Euphorbia milii in match 2.29, on 14 October.
Match 1.59 was a real nail-biter, with each contender leading more than once, but Tillandsia spp. (air plants) was ahead when it counted, beating Philodendron bipinnatifidum and P. xanadu 52 to 46.
Dieffenbachia cvv. blew past Pilea cadierei to win match 1.60 by a score of 66 to 28.
Tillandsia spp. (air plants) and Dieffenbachia will battle to reach the third round on 14 October, in match 2.30.
Phalaenopsis and Doritaenopsis cvv. (moth orchid) vs. Monstera deliciosa (swiss cheese philodendron)
Sansevieria cylindrica (wisdom horns) vs. Araucaria heterophylla (norfolk island pine)
Dracaena marginata cvv. (madagascar dragon tree) vs. Cereus peruvianus (peruvian apple cactus)
Hoya carnosa cvv. (wax plant) vs. Maranta leuconeura cvv. (prayer plant)
1 I'm deciding according to a hypothetical situation in which all of my houseplants are gone, as are all the other houseplants of the world, except for one producer/supplier/retailer. Said person is offering to restock me with one or the other of the plants in question but refuses to give me both. Which one would I choose?