Saturday, November 21, 2009

Random plant event: Monstera deliciosa cuttings rooting

This is not a huge accomplishment -- Monstera deliciosa is really easy to root in water -- but something about the way the picture came out, and a complete inability to get decent pictures of my first choice for a post today (Anthurium flowers are impossible indoors: any direct source of light throws patches of glare all over the damn things), made me think this would make an okay post.


I was wrong, of course. The picture is not nearly as good as it seemed initially. But this still represents a personal accomplishment of sorts: I've been needing to do something with the parent plant of these cuttings for over a year, and kept putting it off because I didn't want to wrestle with repotting it (which is what it really needs), and these cuttings mean that at the very least, I've managed to restart the plant. Takes some of the pressure off w/r/t the parent.


3 comments:

Good to Grow said...

I like that picture, even if it's not an Anthurium. Also, I really appreciate your posts - your lists are obviously a lot of work, but they're wonderful.

Terrence said...

I really like monstera plants, I didn't know that you can root them easily in water. Can you send me one cutting, it can be small. It's a very fascinating plant!

mr_subjunctive said...

Terrence:

This may not be the best time to ask.