Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Anthuriums no. 0088, 0132, 0171, 0236, 0237, and 0415

The Anthurium post for today is about seedlings who had produced a bud at one point, aborted it, and are now working on a new one. Until the spathes open, there's little to say about these that I didn't just say in the previous sentence, so it's mostly going to be about the photos.


#0171 "Genevieve la Difference"



#0236 "Roxanne DeBree"


I was pleased when Roxanne re-budded, mostly because I like her name.


#0415 "Darby Dragons"


I'm surprised at how quick Darby was to retry; the previous bud had only aborted a month earlier. This one is at least coming from the center of the plant, near the growing tip, which I think is a good sign.


#0132 "Eve Stropper"



#0237 "Roxy Casbah"


I like Roxanne DeBree's name better, but Roxy has the more interesting bud so far. In person, it's slightly lavender, though I imagine once the spathe opens it's just going to be another in a long line of pink / pinks, like several of her siblings and half-siblings. At least it's a fairly large bud.


#0088 "Charlotte F. Babylon"


Finally, Charlotte is really close to opening (one or two more weeks?).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get a picture of Charlotte opened up? I think she's one of my favorites in this list. She's almost got a magenta?/fuschia? hue to her.

mr_subjunctive said...

Anonymous:

Yes, though try not to get attached: I up-potted her in April and she's all but died. I don't know why. That almost never happens with the 6-inch plants.

Also the fuchsia was just bad after-the-fact color-adjustment on my part; the bloom was nice, I thought, but you couldn't call it anything other than red.