Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday morning Nina picture


One of the more interesting things about this particular shot is that it's the first one I've taken by setting the camera physically down in the terrarium, on a timer. It's possibly also the last one I'm going to do that way, because when I took the camera back out, it had maybe twenty very tiny crickets crawling all over it. (The adults apparently lay eggs in there on a regular basis; I've seen very tiny crickets off and on, though they don't seem to reach adulthood.) I found this kind of alarming.

On the plus side, it's a very interesting pose. The words "elegant" and "haughty" come to mind. Though that actually happens with most of the Nina photos. I think she just has an elegant-slash-haughty face.


7 comments:

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

That's quite an amazing photo. Nina is so darn cute. And so tiny!

CelticRose said...

Elegant and haughty is right. I can hear her now: "Peel me a cricket!"

Aaerelon said...

I like that pose. It's like the lizard version of Cleopatra. Relaxing and looking elegant, but aware of the camera. Trying to say "Yes, I should be photographed" but in a subtle way.

I like that there's no glass in the way so the picture is really clear. You should keep doing it and hopefully a cricket won't crawl over the lens when the timer runs out.

Paul said...

Actually what came to mind wasn't haughty, just "chillin"

our friend Ben said...

All she needs is a tiny crown. But eeewwww, mini-crickets crawling all over the camera! (Gee, wonder why they never seem to make it to adulthood... )

Meredith said...

Oh, I think she's elegant, but I didn't get haughty from her. She seemed so relaxed, somehow, and a haughty person never really relaxes (too busy supervising their image/ego).

Chris said...

I think she's thinking, "I can't wait to grow up."