Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Music Video: Partyben "This Tightrope's Made for Walkin'" (Janelle Monae / Nancy Sinatra)



This mashup probably wouldn't be getting consideration if I didn't love "Tightrope" so much. I mean, not that this mashup is poorly done, but it's not a complicated, four- or five-song composition like "No-One Takes Your Freedom" or "I Wanna Bulletproof Dancer" or something. But I'm willing to use whatever excuses I have to in order to listen to Janelle Monae.

Incidentally -- we tried going to Best Buy to get the Janelle Monae CD, and . . . okay, I know that our corporate overlords have decreed that we're all to re-buy all our music on MP3s now, and businesses are phasing out the stocking of actual CDs and stuff, so I can understand not having the CD physically in stock, but -- they didn't even know who she was, or have her anywhere in their computer. I'd thought she was, you know, kind of a big deal?

So on the off chance that you don't know who she is either, watch the "Tightrope" video. It's worth it for the dancing alone.


3 comments:

Joseph said...

Oh my. I skipped the mashup and just fell head-over-heels in love with Janelle Monae. I owe you forever for letting me know she exists.

Paul said...

ALL glory to Janelle! I've had a girlcrush on her since I heard her on Big Boi's Purple Ribbon EP. And she's ridiculously cute.

(No shame in buying a CD, but I can't say the same for buying from homophobic Best Buy!)

mr_subjunctive said...

Paul:

I didn't know about homophobic, but I knew I didn't like Best Buy for a number of other reasons. We went there mostly because the in-laws gave us a $25 (?) gift card for Christmas and were trying to figure out something to spend it on. Which we have still not done.