Sunday, January 9, 2011

Music Video: Partyben "Single Ladies (in Mayberry)" (Beyonce / Andy Griffith Show theme mashup)


Yes, another mashup. This one is perhaps more clever than good, and as usual the video isn't particularly helpful, but even so, it amuses me, so maybe it will amuse you.

I wasn't originally intending to make the mashups a regular PATSP feature, and I'm still not, not exactly, but I kept finding ones I liked, so I've decided to make January (or what's left of it) mashups month here. There won't be one every single day, but I've got eleven videos scattered through the remainder of the month, semi-randomly. There will still be plant-related content in the mornings: the videos, if they're going to happen, will happen in the afternoon. ("Morning" and "afternoon" meaning 4:30 AM and 4:30 PM Central Standard Time; it will not necessarily be morning or afternoon where you're viewing them.)


2 comments:

Emily said...

I have loved that one of Partyben's for a while. If you're into mashups, some other really good ones are:

Black Beatles (Beatles vs. Black-Eyed Peas vs. Ludacris vs. Kelis) - Loo & Placido

It's Fun To Smoke Dust (Queen vs. Pastor Gary Greenwald vs. Midfield General) - Lobsterdust

Beethoven's Fifth Gold Digger (Kanye West vs. Beethoven vs. Walter Murphy) - A plus D

United State of Pop 2009 (Blame It on the Pop) - DJ Earworm

No More Gas (Rihanna vs. Kardinal Offishall vs. Akon vs. Ne-Yo vs. Estelle vs. Pussycat Dolls vs. Leona Lewis vs. Danity Kane vs. Madonna vs. Timbaland vs. Justin Timberlake vs. Lupe Fiasco vs. Matthew Santos vs. Britney Spears vs. Flo-Rida vs. T-Pain) - DJ Earworm

Those are probably my favorites right now. I think they're all on youtube if you're interested.

mr_subjunctive said...

I, too, am a huge fan of "No More Gas," and DJ Earworm in general ("No-One Takes Your Freedom" is another personal favorite),[1] though my favorite of the United States of Pop songs is 2008's. 2009 is a close second, though.

-

[1] ("No More Gas" and "No-One Takes Your Freedom" are both scheduled to appear here later in the month.)