Monday, December 27, 2010

Pretty picture: Buddha


We have a couple prisms in the kitchen windows, and a number of Buddhas around the house; both are the husband's deal, but I like the prisms and don't object to the Buddhas, so whatever. The above is what happens when one of the little rainbows from the prisms happens to land perfectly across one of the little bronze Buddhas. Without a regular-light photo to compare to, this is maybe not that impressive: the reader could be forgiven for assuming it was painted. But in normal light, this is mostly bronze, with black hair and accents.

The angle of the sun is now such that this can't happen again for a while, and I'm not in the kitchen that much during the morning to begin with, so getting this picture was mostly the luck of being in the right place at the right time.


4 comments:

Autumn Belle said...

I am so happy to see this wonderful phenomenon of nature. Such a beautiful manisfestation of the sunrays giving so much hope for the new year. It will be a new decade in a few days time. Happy New Year 2011!

Pat said...

When I had agricultural jobs some of my bosses looked at me rather askance when I stopped work to run and inform them that there was a lovely rainbow. One of them understood and was grateful to be informed so he could also appreciate this wonder of nature. A lot of my friends have the solar powered rotating prisms in their windows.

The most unusual rainbow I saw was coming home on the bus. The sun was setting and as the journey progressed the violet, blue and green then yellow slowly disappeared leaving just the red and orange.

Anonymous said...

That is a very pretty picture. I'd assumed it was painted, at first, but the interaction of prism and sculpture is much cooler.

Jenn said...

Serendipity.