Monday, January 31, 2011

Music Video: DJ Earworm "No More Gas" (multi-artist mashup)



I don't think I'll do this again, at least not to this degree: even if the "extra" posts aren't huge, and don't take that long to write, any time I spend working on extra stuff is time I'm not spending on the bigger, more complicated posts like the plant profiles. Which is the excuse I'm going to use for why I didn't get the Persea americana profile done this month. (UPDATE: It's done.) I'm not saying we're completely done with mashups, just that I think it was maybe a bad idea to try to write about so many of them in so short of a time. It was fun, but I'm glad I don't have to do any for a while.

Having said all that, "No More Gas" is a personal favorite, and we may as well go out with a bang. The songs which were put together to make it:

"4 Minutes" (Madonna, Justin Timberlake, & Timbaland)
"American Boy" (Estelle & Kanye West)
"Bleeding Love" (Leona Lewis)
"Closer" (Ne-Yo)
"Damaged" (Danity Kane)
"Dangerous" (Kardinal Offishal & Akon)
"Disturbia" (Rihanna)
"Gimme More" (Britney Spears)
"Low" (Flo Rida & T-Pain)
"Superstar" (Lupe Fiasco & Matthew Santos)
"When I Grow Up" (Pussycat Dolls)


4 comments:

Paul said...

See, this is a good example of how a mashup can go seriously wrong. What a mess!

mr_subjunctive said...

Paul:

I disagree, obviously. Could you be more specific about what's "wrong?"

Jenn said...

This is really smooth. This is the first one I've clicked, and I liked it.

Side note: Damn, but Estelle has a fine voice.

Second side note: What a great collection of all kinds of pretty, pretty people.

Jenn said...

And Paul, who's your favorite fine arts artist?

Banksy?
Warhol?
Cezanne?
Michelangelo?
Titian?
Cave art?

Which of the above are 'wrong'?